Weather in early September can average from 30 degrees F to 50 degrees F. Winds can be calm or blow 30+ mph.
- 8-9 wt./9-10 ft single handed rod. Floating and intermediate lines. Nine foot leaders with 2x or 1x tippet.
- 8-9 wt. two handed rod
- Good waders and cleated wading boots. Must be new or clean and sterile.
- Wading staff
- Good rain jacket for wading
- Wool hat
- Fingerless gloves
- Fleece or wool pants with long underwear
- Fleece or wool shirt with long underwear top
- Down or fiber sweater/jacket
- Fishing vest or pack
- Sun glasses
- Ball cap
- Personal toiletries
- Prescription meds
- Personal clothing for post fishing at the lodge and two nights in Reykjavik
Bedding is provided in the guest houses/hotels. We will be passing through several communities in our travels and will be able to pick up personal items that might be forgotten.
Travel in Iceland:
Most people from Iceland speak good English. Most commerce can be conducted with VISA/Mastercard. Icelandic currency may be obtained at the airport upon arrival or at major US banks prior to departure from the US. Travel insurance is strongly recommended in case of any needed cancellation. Purchase of gasoline for rental cars usually requires a credit card with a PIN.
Reservations and Cancellation Policy:
50% of trip price due at the time of reservation with the balance due no later than July 1, 2019. Cancellations prior to June 1 will be refunded 100%. Between June 1 and July 30, refunded at 50% of amount paid. NO REFUNDS for cancellations after June 30.